This is the last in a very worthwhile series of articles on steps we can take–‘drops in the bucket’–of positive change in ecological awareness and preservation of the environment. I encourage folks to check out the whole series.
by Katie LaFond
Step 12: Educate Yourself
- Read books like Garbology, Cradle to Cradle, The Backyard Homestead and Rubbish!
- Go to lectures and workshops
- Places like The Haberdashery, and even the mass.gov website have many great classes you can take to learn new skills
- Join movements! If you want to be included in emails about upcoming events, please email us at email@example.com
- Lead by example. Not all activism is marching. If your friends and family ask about your new habits, you have some experience now. Tell them about your experiences, reference the materials you’ve used, or you can direct them to this blog post to get started themselves.
This is the last part in Katie’s thirteen-part series in walking lightly on the Earth. Read more: introduction, step 1 (recycle), step 2 (reuse), step 3 (reduce), step 4 (compost), step 5 (drive less)
View original post 31 more words